Major Gifts Officer
for Newman University in Wichita, KS
Summary of Position Description:
The Major Gifts Officer reports to the Vice President for University Advancement and is responsible for reaching major gift goals, overseeing related programs, strategies, and volunteer development. He or she will set goals, monitor work, and evaluate results to ensure that departmental and operating requirements are met and in line with the needs and mission of Newman University. He or she will seek out opportunities to develop and implement initiatives to identify, cultivate, and solicit prospects to ensure a strong base of ongoing financial support. He or she will work closely with the Vice President for University Advancement and other Directors to create annual plans for his or her area of responsibility that can be incorporated into any future campaign.
1. Develop strategies to generate major gifts from the university’s constituents.
2. Create and grow interest and participation in major gifts through the DeMattias Society.
3. Forge relationships with donors and cultivate annual donors to ultimately create a gift.
4. Ensure that all major gift donors receive appropriate and consistent stewardship.
5. Manage a portfolio of donors and prospective donors to call on to ensure a growing base of support.
1. Develop annual quantitative and qualitative fundraising goals in collaboration with the Vice President for University Advancement other Advancement Directors.
2. Develop programs and strategies to involve the appropriate volunteers to assist in cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of prospects.
3. Oversee the stewardship of scholarship donors through the university’s annual scholarship luncheon.
1. Provide effective training, support, and leadership, and motivation for volunteers and staff to meet annual and long-term financial goals.
2. Actively seek out opportunities to be involved in the community.
3. Participate in professional development activities.
1. Bachelor’s Degree required.
2. Three or more years of fundraising or equivalent experience desired.
3. Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
4. Competent computer skills.
5. Ability to travel occasionally.
Employees are expected to exhibit a high degree of personal integrity in support of the University’s Mission.
Application Criteria: Submit electronically a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references to HR@newmanu.edu or apply below.
Recent jobs at Newman University