Director of Facilities
for Newman University in Wichita, KS
Reports to: Vice President of Finance & Administration
The director of physical plant is responsible for the planning and operations of the maintenance, grounds, and equipment, custodial services, and employee safety.
1. Organizes, plans and coordinates the activities of maintenance, custodial, grounds, and equipment of the physical plant of the college.
2. Plans and implements operations for maintenance, including electrical, HVAC systems, grounds, and equipment, water and plumbing operations.
3. Responsible for insuring employee safety and plans and coordinates a staff safety training program.
4. Develops and implements institutional plans for compliance with all applicable OSHA & EPA regulations.
5. Establishes and coordinates a work order process.
6. Develops and implements an annual action plan and budget.
7. Other duties as assigned.
8. Employees are expected to exhibit a high degree of personal integrity in support of the University’s Mission.
Bachelor’s degree in construction science or related field preferred. Seven years experience in plant operations or plant management. Knowledge and experience with electrical, plumbing, water, equipment maintenance, and HVAC Systems. Demonstrated experience in development and control of operational budget. Knowledge of building codes in relation to electrical, plumbing, water and HVAC systems. Ability to create a team environment. Must possess a strong focus on customer service orientation.
Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
Must be willing to work other than normal working hours and be willing to respond (if available) to emergency and service calls that occur outside of normal working hours. Must be able to serve as “manager on call” according to a rotational schedule.
Must be a self-starter, able to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with frequently changing priorities; handle multiple tasks concurrently; attend to details and meet deadlines.
For consideration submit cover letter addressing qualifications, resume, and contact information for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply below.
Recent jobs at Newman University