Vice President for Enrollment Management
for Newman University in Wichita, KS
Newman University seeks an energetic and gifted professional who will join a leadership team that is eager and committed to raising the University to a new level of excellence. The Vice President will serve as the primary recruitment strategist of the University and will provide leadership in developing enrollment goals based on strategic analysis of market research, student success, program-specific and institutional capacity and resources. The successful Vice President will monitor trends in the economy and in the increasingly competitive educational marketplace. The Vice President will take the lead in meeting net tuition revenue objectives, continuing to improve retention and graduation rates, and enhance the University’s visibility and market position. The Vice President will work with colleagues to attract, enroll, and retain a highly accomplished and diverse student body committed to the values and mission of Newman University.
The Vice President serves on the President’s Cabinet, the Administrative Council, and serves as administrative staff to the Board of Trustees’ Enrollment Management Committee. The Vice President supervises the Admissions staff and Director of Financial Aid. The Vice President must be a creative thinker and utilize best practices and resources to engage prospective students and continuously build, lead, and assess recruitment outreach and communications. The Vice President will effectively collaborate with academic, financial, and student services departments in order to develop and implement a comprehensive enrollment management plan.
Candidates should have knowledge of best practices in enrollment management and a strategic understanding of marketing and current communication and social media technologies. Familiarity with Midwest demographics and NCAA Division II athletics will be a plus.
1. Develop data driven recruitment plans to achieve optimal recruitment, retention, and graduation of students seeking a Newman education.
2. Monitor, analyze, and evaluate programs, practices, and policies that impact Newman’s ability to achieve optimal recruitment, retention, and graduation of students seeking a Newman education.
3. Develop a competent, knowledgeable, energetic and effective recruiting team that promotes the mission of the University.
4. Supervise the Admissions staff and Director of Financial Aid providing vision, leadership and direction.
5. Work with colleagues to plan financial aid strategies that will maximize yield and net revenue.
6. Disseminate strategic information on prospective students to appropriate departments.
7. Work closely with the Athletic Director, School Vice Presidents, and Academic Program Directors to maximize undergraduate enrollment.
8. Work Effectively with Vice Presidents and program directors to maximize enrollment in adult, outreach and graduate programs.
9. Work with the chair and members of the Enrollment Management Committee of the Board of Trustees to provide accurate and timely enrollment information to the Board.
10. Develop and maintain positive relationships with board members, faculty, staff, students, and alumni.
11. Collaborate with appropriate internal groups to enhance student retention strategies.
1. Employees are expected to exhibit a high degree of personal integrity in support of the University’s Mission.
2. Additional duties as requested by the President.
Graduate degree with 5 to 6 years progressive experience in admissions management positions with experience in admissions, recruiting, retention, financial aid, budget management and supervision. Ability to communicate effectively in oral & written form. Strong leadership, planning and management skills with the ability to build team cohesiveness among a broad constituency. Must be skilled with Microsoft office software and other Admission software programs.
Application criteria: submit electronically a cover letter addressing qualifications, resume, and contact information for at least three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply below.
For questions contact Human Resources at 316-942-4291, ext. 2202. Review of applications will commence immediately and continue until position filled, ideally by January 1, 2014.
Recent jobs at Newman University