Assistant Women's Soccer Coach
for Newman University (Anywhere)
Reports to: Head Women’s Soccer Coach and Director of Athletics
Under the general supervision of the Head Women’s Soccer Coach, the Assistant Women’s Soccer Coach will provide support and assistance with all aspects of the intercollegiate program.
1. In cooperation with the Head Women’s Soccer Coach, the Assistant Women’s Soccer Coach develops and maintains a system to identify potential recruits and to work closely with area and regional high school coaches and parents to recruit quality student athletes to Newman University;
2. The Assistant Women’s Soccer Coach assists in the development of an effective program of physical conditioning designed to develop strength and endurance;
3. Works in conjunction with the Head Women’s Soccer Coach to encourage the development of psychological, social, and mental skills necessary for the student athletes to be successful in the classroom, on the field, and in future endeavors;
4. Works with Admissions to expedite the registration, admission, and other administrative processing of all student athletes;
5. Under the direction of the Head Women’s Soccer Coach, the Assistant Women’s Soccer Coach is assigned to work with selected athletes on various game day situations;
6. Works with the Head Women’s Soccer Coach in developing line-ups, game strategies, and individual work-out and practice needs for various student athletes;
7. Serves as a role model for the student athletes by exhibiting ethical and professional conduct at all times;
8. Represents Newman University at various civic events throughout the community;
9. Cooperates with Newman University personnel for efficient utilization of shared facilities.
10. Is responsible for the academic growth, advising and progress of the student athletes and will oversee study hall.
11. Is responsible for knowledge and adherence to all NCAA and conference rules and regulations
1. Secondary duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
2. Employees are expected to exhibit a high degree of personal integrity in support of the University’s Mission.
Bachelor’s degree preferred from an accredited college or university; possess valid Kansas drivers license and be in good standing. Ability to recruit and retain qualified student-athletes and to facilitate timely progress toward graduation. Effective oral and written communication skills.
Thorough knowledge of NCAA Division II rules and regulations preferred and ability to pass the
NCAA Division II recruiting test prior to beginning duties at Newman University. Certification must occur on an annual basis (Bylaw 220.127.116.11). Sound human relations skills in dealing with student-athletes, university personnel, and members of the off-campus community. Experience competing at a collegiate level is preferred; ability to objectively evaluate physical skills in the areas of physical potential and mental capability for intercollegiate athletics.
For consideration submit cover letter addressing qualifications, resume, and contact information for three professional references to HR@newmanu.edu, or apply below.
Recent jobs at Newman University