RN to BSN Coordinator
for Newman University in Wichita, KS
The RN to BSN Coordinator will have leadership responsibility for the coordination, supervision, and ongoing development of the program. This is a fulltime 11 month position. Academic rank is dependent on education, experience, and expertise. This individual will teach 2-3 courses/semester depending on areas of expertise and coordinate additional faculty required. Duties include participation in course and program development, identification of clinical resources, marketing, and student recruitment and advising. The coordinator will be responsible for developing community, regional, and state collaborative ties in an effort to provide clinical opportunities and identify potential student populations in the region (may require travel). The role also includes evaluation of program outcomes and the ongoing gathering of data required for assessment and accreditation reports. The RN to BSN Coordinator reports to the Director of the School of Nursing and Allied Health.
Essentials Functions and Abilities
• Participate in the development, implementation, and assessment of the RN to BSN program.
• Actively engage in retention activities including documented communication with both students and administration regarding attendance and progress.
• Assist students with course registration and academic advice, and mentor instructors on effective academic counseling techniques.
• Address student concerns in a timely manner.
• Participate in the hiring, mentoring, and evaluation of adjunct faculty.
• Provide annual documentation of continuing professional growth in educational theory or clinical skills.
• Provide oversight of the health Care Science including coordination of faculty when needed, student tracking, and contributing to curriculum change and development as well as the ongoing assessment.
• Provide oversight for the on line RN Refresher course including program policies and procedures, providing information to student and contributing to the ongoing development of course content.
• Manage special projects as formally assigned by the Director of the School of Nursing and Allied Health (including, but not limited to new student orientation programs and open houses, assistance with accreditation preparation, campus events, and supervision of staff).
• Adhere to and publicly support academic policies and procedures, including but not limited to the Newman University and BSN faculty manuals and University catalog.
Credentials: Doctoral degree strongly preferred. Masters in nursing required. RN licensure in the state of Kansas.
Experiential Base: Nursing education and an area of clinical expertise required. Experience in curriculum development and accreditation/assessment processes desired. Established teaching skill in an academic setting. Familiarity with distance learning modalities required.
These apply to the following programs where applicable: RN to BSN, Health Care Science & RN Refresher
Coordinate course offerings for RN to BSN and Health Care Science
Determine faculty needs each semester in conjunction with Associate Dean
Teach in courses congruent with expertise
Interview adjunct faculty as needed
Market and recruit in local community and region
Develop marketing materials and maintain web pages for programs.
Advise RN to BSN, Health Care Science, and RN Refresher students.
Meet with prospective RN students
Identify opportunities for leadership and community clinical sites – obtain contracts
Complete RN to BSN and Health Care Science assessment reports annually.
Admit and orient students to the program
Coordinate for Health Care Science (HCS) – course offerings and faculty.
Maintain clinical relationships with RN Refresher clinical sites.
Act as a liaison with faculty outside nursing teaching in the RN to BSN program
A complete application consists of a letter of application addressing the qualifications listed above; curriculum vitae; official transcripts and the names, addresses, e-mail, and telephone numbers of three professional references. Submit by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Recent jobs at Newman University